Featured Post

15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibit Fallbrook Art Center

The 15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibition opens this weekend (Mar 16-Apr.14) at THE Fallbrook Art Center. This prestigio...

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Monarch of Carmel Valley in California Art Club "Golden State Splendor" exhibit at the Santa Paula Art Museum July 15 to Nov 5


Monarch of Carmel Valley, 16 x 20  plein air
This was just painted this past May during the Carmel Art Festival.  I love this hill in upper Carmel Valley.  It is about 20 minutes beyond Carmel Valley Village and the drive to it is through some exquisite Oaklands, stands of Sycamores and horse ranches. I feel the tension leave my neck and back as I pull out here along Carmel Valley Rd. Often painting in absolute silence.

The title is cribbed from Hanson Puthuff who titled a painting "Monarch of Malibu".  If I can paint the hills of California half as well as he did I will be happy.
 I chose the title for this piece because this hill feels so majestic.
It is truly my vision of splendor!

California Art Club
Golden State Splendor
Santa Paula Art Museum
July 15 to Nov 5

Reception Sat July 15 4 to 6 pm.

No comments: