Featured Post

15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibit Fallbrook Art Center

The 15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibition opens this weekend (Mar 16-Apr.14) at THE Fallbrook Art Center. This prestigio...

Friday, March 24, 2017

Spring training for the first time in years!

With the drought over and a genuine rainy season, I found myself very rusty after a season of slow methodical studio paintings. Here are the three plein air I've completed so far this month.

Eastern View Curry Point 9 x 12

My favorite place to paint on Mount Diablo, I thought was a good place to start.


Green Going 9 x 12

I was energized by finding this view of Mount Diablo near my house and wanted to paint the green before it went completely, we had a few 70 degree days and it is surprising how much the grass faded. I got this done in time for Saint Patricks Day.




Poppy Pastures 11 x 14

Nothing gets my paintbrushes dancing like the poppies on Mt Diablo. Going back as soon as it's sunny because the poppies don't open without sun.

No comments: