Featured Post

Verdant Morning

  Verdant Morning 9 x 12 watercolor on paper . I still love to paint the  greenest California Hills in Spring.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

"Poppies Above the Bay", new plein air watercolor of Mount Diablo


Poppies Above the Bay 21.5 x 21.5

We had so much rain this year and the Wild Flowers did so well, it was like painting in a giant garden. Along with "Blue Ridge" and the other two Mount Diablo paintings I recently posted below, it's a series of large square paintings giving me an excuse to paint in the same place for multiple days in a row. These each represent two or three times on Diablo. And because the poppies open later I get to paint later in the day.
The green is virtually gone now, but I really appreciated it, having had several winters where there was only a trace.

No comments: