Featured Post

Evening Breakers

 Evening Breakers. I tried to depict the light carving the forms of  the waves in this seascape from Malibu. Watercolor on paper 8 x 16 .

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Garrapata

This is a very pale image of this painting. It is much brighter in person. Anyway, this was done from memory and a photograph I took. It has been changed a lot from the photo because I wanted the flowers on the bluff to stand out and I wanted to play with the coastal colors. I had fun with the tree. An 11 X 14. Watercolor on arches. Near Garrapata State Park. link :http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=579

3 comments:

TJ said...

Hi, Robin,

This is lovely. I like the distance you have captured and the colors are very appealing. I particularly like the distance sky.

Terry

Laurel Neustadter said...

This is beautuiful. I love the colors and composition.

laura said...

Wow. A beautiful composition, beautifully rendered. The colors are luscious; the aerial perspective lovely. And I love the idiosyncratic shape orgbcvzf the tree!